Rollama - One-Pager Summary for Leaders
A one-pager for decision-makers. Decision-makers like one-pagers.
In a sentence (summary of the summary):
Rollama has gamified grammar to make daily English practice desirable, and help all students build fluent fundamentals.
What is Rollama?
A child-centred, interactive digital playground of workouts for students to practise English grammar, punctuation, spelling, vocabulary. Teachers can closely supervise student performance and easily celebrate progress and success with real-time data tracking.
What problem does Rollama solve?
English grammar is particularly tricky, especially for those learning English as an Additional Language (EAL). English has many irregular patterns, illogical spellings, and complex verb forms.
Grammar errors can undermine the flow and meaning of a text.
The myriad learning gaps and weaknesses within a school cohort are complex and impractical to address through curriculum time alone.
Rollama is a fun and motivating platform for independent and guided practice of grammar accuracy, punctuation, vocabulary, spelling, and more.
What can Rollama do?
Our games cover hundreds of English language objectives, with dozens of game modes, 1000s of randomly-rolled prompts, and a vibrant llamaverse of features:
- learning – colourful, focused game modes; child-friendly, concise Teacher Tips; instant feedback in each interactive game,
- incentives – a personal avatar pet with accessories shop; child-safe global leaderboards; certificates; daily streak targets,
- rewards – in-game coins, medals, and trophies.
- differentiation – curated lists of tasks all grammar objectives and EAL backgrounds; levelled difficulty covering Key Stages 1 to 3,
- tracking – teachers can see usage and performance at-a-glance, and drill down to see powerful, impactful data.
What are the alternatives?
The web is full of great free English games, quizzes, and tools.
What makes Rollama special is our secure ecosystem of individual accounts which incentivise students to grow and make progress over time and enables teachers to easily track effort and achievements.
Who made Rollama?
We are a husband-and-wife team with 25 years’ experience in teaching English, including 20 years in International Schools. In 2020, I gained my International Education (MA) from King’s College, London.
What are the next steps for Rollama?
We are running a closed beta test until July 2022. We launch for subscribers in August 2022.
We have a pipeline of new features rolling out in 2022-23 academic year, including internal school competitions, new game modes, new learning objectives and special seasonal shop item drops.